Checklist for Host Clubs
Each club is responsible for scheduling a guest speaker for their host month as well as providing a luncheon buffet. Plan for approximately 40 members/guests to be in attendance.
- Host Club must provide name and topic of speaker at least 2 months in advance, preferably at the beginning of the year so it can be included on the calendar.
- Will your speaker do a presentation or conduct a workshop?
- Will they have a PowerPoint presentation? If yes, they must use the projector.
- Projector requires a computer connection. If they are bringing their own laptop it MUST have either an HDMI or a VGA port to make the proper connection. If not, they must make other arrangements in advance to use a different computer.
- Speaker should arrive at 9:30 AM to set-up display and test equipment. They will be introduced immediately after the president does the welcome and call-to-order at 10:00 AM.
- Length of presentation will be a TOTAL of 45 minutes, including Q & A. There will be a 10-minute break for transition to the general meeting which begins promptly at 11:00 AM. The speaker is invited to stay for the meeting and luncheon. Sales of products, plants, etc. is permitted but must be kept within the same 45-minute time schedule unless they stay through the meeting and sell more during the luncheon.
- Hand-outs, business cards, flyers are always suggested.
- Table decorations / Floral arrangements / Theme
- Tablecloths for food tables
- Plates, cups and utensils (plan on approx. 40)
- Cleaning supplies (paper towels, dish soap or wipes)
Coffee makers and punch bowls are no longer available on site. Please plan accordingly.
Appliances available for our use: refrigerator and sink. There is no oven or microwave.
Keep your food selections simple and easy to serve and geared toward brunch or lunch. The food is self serve, buffet style. Most clubs use table decorations centered around a theme… get creative and have fun!
Host club should arrive at 9:00 AM to get tables, food and beverages set-up and ready for guests to begin arriving around 9:30 AM. It might be nice to have the beverages available to enjoy during the presentation and meeting.
The room needs to be put back in order, floors swept, garbage emptied and all club items removed by 12:30 PM.
**Garbage containing food and drink items must be taken to the dumpster outside**